Windward Mall reopened after power outage | News
KANEOHE (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Windward Mall shopping center in Kaneohe was closed for more than two hours Saturday afternoon because of a power outage.
According to Hawaiian Electric Company, the outage began at around 1:45 p.m. when tree trimmers accidentally dropped some limbs onto power lines along Keaahala Road.
A spokesman said Windward Mall was evacuated for safety reasons when the power went out. The mall was reopened to customers when power to the mall was restored at about 3 p.m.
At one point, more than 2,000 customers were without power. By 3 p.m., only 50 customers were still without electricity, HECO said.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Attend American Jazz and Bossa Nova Music Workshop at Mililani Library
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Wahiawa Residents on November 16
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Waipahu Residents on November 20
- Meet Author of "Today's Thought" at Mililani Library on Nov. 23
- "Furoshiki" Craft Workshop Offered at Waipahu Library on Nov. 13
- Portions of Kailua Beach Park to close for sand replenishment
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Closes on Oahu's Highest Home Sale of 2014
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Kailua
- Lane on Pali Highway reopened following downed tree
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Honolulu Property Management Welcomes Michelle Tang, Vice President of Business Development