Windward Mall reopened after power outage | News
KANEOHE (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Windward Mall shopping center in Kaneohe was closed for more than two hours Saturday afternoon because of a power outage.
According to Hawaiian Electric Company, the outage began at around 1:45 p.m. when tree trimmers accidentally dropped some limbs onto power lines along Keaahala Road.
A spokesman said Windward Mall was evacuated for safety reasons when the power went out. The mall was reopened to customers when power to the mall was restored at about 3 p.m.
At one point, more than 2,000 customers were without power. By 3 p.m., only 50 customers were still without electricity, HECO said.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waipahu Library Reopens July 15: AC Replacement Project Done
- Learn About Permaculture and Foodscaping at Mililani Library on July 12
- Learn About Polynesian Navigation Techniques at Wahiawa Library on July 9
- Waipahu Library Closes for Air Conditioner Replacement Project Starting July 8
- Special Fourth of July Kick-off Event at Wahiawa Library on July 3
- Surf4HUGS Will Again Put Smiles on the Faces of Seriously Ill Keiki
- Hawaii’s Construction Boom Calls on ALTRES Staffing to Send the Best
- Kaiser Permanente Appoints Mark Linscott As Executive Director Of Strategic Planning And Deployment
- Kiewit Building Group Inc. Hires Gabriel Kwiatkowski for Kapolei II Elementary Project
- HIFI Fashion Showcase on tap for Made in Hawaii Festival