Windward Mall reopened after power outage | News
KANEOHE (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Windward Mall shopping center in Kaneohe was closed for more than two hours Saturday afternoon because of a power outage.
According to Hawaiian Electric Company, the outage began at around 1:45 p.m. when tree trimmers accidentally dropped some limbs onto power lines along Keaahala Road.
A spokesman said Windward Mall was evacuated for safety reasons when the power went out. The mall was reopened to customers when power to the mall was restored at about 3 p.m.
At one point, more than 2,000 customers were without power. By 3 p.m., only 50 customers were still without electricity, HECO said.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Celebrate World Intellectual Property Day at Hawaii State Library April 26
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Takes On Gershwin and Beethoven In April 26-27 Concerts
- Nominees Sought for 2014 Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame
- Celebrate National Poetry Month at Hawaii State Library on April 19
- Ukulele Picnic Releases Updated Musical Lineup for 2014